Moth in the Window

Bonnie was doing her live webcam feed at 9pm her time.  World Clock (thank you Google) told me that it would be 12 noon here in Queensland.  Wow - if I get my shopping finished on time, I'll be able to join in the fun.  I raced home and was right on time.  How much fun is the quiltcam!  I felt like I was sewing with a friend.  It was mighty hot in the sewing room, but I managed to get the borders sewn on to my granddaughter's quilt as well as some snowball blocks for an I-spy quilt.

The blocks Bonnie was sewing were Moth in the Window - a pattern she wrote for Quiltmaker magazine.  I don't have the mag - do we even get it here in Australia?  Dunno.  Anyway, I reverse engineered it (are we allowed to do that?) and here she is - my very first Moth in the Window block made from my 2.5" strip bin scraps.  The block finishes at 8" and I should have enough of the backgrounds to do 30 blocks - a nice lap sized quilt.


I like it.
I like it a lot.