East Street Mystery step 2

Woo Hoo!  Bonnie posted the Clue 2 instructions about 9pm Queensland time, so I was able to cut out the triangles and start sewing.  I managed to get all the right wings on before I had to go to bed, but was up at 4.45am and finished them off before my young son woke up.

I can't tell you how much I love working with the EZ ruler and the Companion ruler.  My piecing is much more accurate than the 'old' method of sewing squares onto recgangles and cutting away the excess triangles.  I also love that I don't have to square anything up - it all fits together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Since I'm using a solid white for the background and no scraps for the colours either, my quilt probably won't be quite as interesting, but I'm loving the fresh look it's starting to have.





My blue fabric has butterflies on it and they are higgeldy piggeldy in my pic because butterflies don't fly straight ;-)





Step 1 and Step 2 together.  I'm really liking the fabric combo.  My other colours are yellow and peach. 

Check out what everyone is up to on the Linky.