Heatwave and birth sampler

Yes, it's true: there is a heatwave in Holland and for that reason I've left my knitting for a bit. A big blanket like Rune's is just too hot to have on your lap to work on in the evenings, when it is still a big 30 degrees Celsius!!!

But since my hands need to have something to do (and you can't bake cake 7 days a week...) I've started on Rune's birth sampler. This was actually going to be one of my 2011 projects but the temperatures have "forced" me to an alternative decision. In truth, the temperatures didn't exactly have to twist my arm.... hehehehe

The sampler you see here, was my starting point. I don't like the Emerson quote, but it's useful to make a nice birth sampler out of it.
This is what I've done so far:

It's a fun project and not very big. Hopefully I can finish it before the year ends.