Sometimes life throws you a curve ball...

Dear Folks,

There is good news and bad news. The good news is that Rune is doing fabulously! "What a pretty girl" the doctor said this morning at the monthly check-up. I was so proud I was about to explode!

The bad news... Over the past few days I myself wasn't feeling so great so a quick visit to the doctor would easily and rapidly fix me... or so I thought. Well, nothing could be further from the truth.

The diagnosis hit me like a bomb: a hernia (slipped disc in my spine) and a bad infection in my breasts. Yup, not one, but two serious problems a new mum could do without. So now what...?

After feeling very inadequate as a woman and mother because my breastfeeding days are definitely over... (boy, you really don't want to know how much I cried over the past two days...) I decided to just take it one step at the time. After all, what else can I do? Rune's two grandmothers, Nellie and Ria, are here to help us out and for the rest all I can do is take my medication regularly and do the exercises for my back.

Rune likes the milk in bottles so that is not a problem and she is sleeping fine too, so nothing to worry about there. As a matter of fact, she is drinking better from a bottle than from me. Do you think she knew already? Those little ones are so clever you know.

All I need to do is shift into another gear and get my hormones/emotions in check. And take lots of photos.... Here the little diva is enjoying bath time with daddy :).

We'll be alright!