Am I too demanding?


Sometimes I wonder if I'm too demanding when it comes to my family and friends.
I get often criticized, specially by my mom, 'cause I wanted other people to be more like me...
There are 2 values that I consider extremely important in my life : Family and Friendship.
Because of this I'm getting more and more disappointed every single day...
I give my self heart and soul to the ones I really care
about. And a I love to see a smile on a friends face. I know I'm a good listener, but I know I'm a great talker too! I'm always there when they need me, but unfortunately they aren't always there for me (except one dear friend).
When a dear person of mine is going through some rough times, I'm the first to reach my hand...Am I being too demanding if I expect a "thank u" instead of being ignored?
What about the "friends" that at the minute I get online, instantanly disappear?? In this last year I've noticed that I was the only one who was always checking on them...So I decided that that was it! I had enough with this situation!...
This was the reason why I've stopped posting in
Portuguese. It wasn't worth it!
I have to say that I feel much better since I started blogging around in foreign
blogs. I've made a nice handful of new friends now.
My mom says: "But u don't really know them! They can be the opposite of what u think they are!"
Well, I know some people since ever and lately I've been finding out that after all, I don't really know them!
I'm glad to vent out and see some feedback.
I'm glad to get to know wonderful people like
Toni, Tammy, Tina, Angeline, Shireen, Petula and most recently Kellan...
I'm glad to be able to share my life experiences and get to learn from others as well...
I'm glad to know that I'm not alone and all around the world there are women dealing with the same issues than I...
Am I too demanding if I expect my family and friends to remember me and my kids?...
I don't really know...
Maybe I am...